Allied Families

The following allied families are in our direct Boettcher ancestry: Schramm, Allmer, Schorzmann (Schortzmann), Sperr, Laitenberger, Seuffer, Theurer, Schwenk, Ringle, Ade, Ebinger, Fandrich (Wandry), Hoffmann, Ehrmann, Strieb, Haug (Hauck), Schmidt, Knoertzer, Strueber, Boschitzky (Boschatzke), Boepple, Fritz, Mueller-Bader, Suess, Feuerbacher, Anhorn, Lutz, Schaupp, Frey, Graf, Benz, von Ohlhausen (von Olnhausen), Gruen, Mueller

Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Germantown Baptist Church -

Germantown Baptist Church, Wells County, North Dakota
photograph from State Historical Society of North Dakota (00739-v2-p37e)

Our Ehrmann (Erman) and Boepple (Pepple) families were members of the First German Baptist Church of Carrington, North Dakota in 1884.  It was founded by Rev. J. F. Grimmell, Christian Albus Sr. deacon and wife, Christian Albus Jr. Secretary and wife, Samuel Piedt and wife and dau, William Wendtland and wife, Mrs. Franz Albus, Mrs. John Pepple (Böpple), Mrs. Peter Seibold and Christina Edinger (later md. Shaible) baptized same day, and August Leibig (the former pastor in Cataloi).  In 1892, its members moved to Germantown Township in Wells County and built a new church named the Germantown Baptist Church.  The church building is gone today, however, there is a marker with the following inscription:

"This church was formally organized November 2, 1884 by German settlers who came from Catalui, Romania.  Later more German settlers from Romania and South Russia added to its membership.  This church served as a religious and social center in the community for many years.  Its influence cannot be measured by mortal words.  It came to be know as the church by the highway.  The surrounding community is yet farmed and owned by descendants of these hardy industrious people.  May this marker serve as a reminder of their sacrifice and dedication.  

'The place whereon you stand is holy ground.' Acts 7:33"

No comments:

Post a Comment