Allied Families

The following allied families are in our direct Boettcher ancestry: Schramm, Allmer, Schorzmann (Schortzmann), Sperr, Laitenberger, Seuffer, Theurer, Schwenk, Ringle, Ade, Ebinger, Fandrich (Wandry), Hoffmann, Ehrmann, Strieb, Haug (Hauck), Schmidt, Knoertzer, Strueber, Boschitzky (Boschatzke), Boepple, Fritz, Mueller-Bader, Suess, Feuerbacher, Anhorn, Lutz, Schaupp, Frey, Graf, Benz, von Ohlhausen (von Olnhausen), Gruen, Mueller

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Böttcher of Kulm, Bessarabia

I was re-reading through my Böttcher records the other day and I believe I have made a connection regarding Anna Rosina Böttcher who married Michael Radies in Paris.  The 1830 Family Book for Paris (LDS# 1766619/3, entry 104) lists the Michael Radies family. 

Anna Rosina "Betker" is listed as having been born 1813 in "Polen bei Menka".  She married Michael Radies in Paris having come from Kulm in 1830.  The record also indicates she was confirmed in 1825 in Kulm. 

Until recently, I could not locate any place called Menka.  However, now that the David Gilly map of South Prussia has been indexed by Jerry Frank, I find a cluster of villages just east of Sieradz called Menka (or "Męka" in Polish).  I don't know if this is the right place, but it's the only one I have found so far. 

Below are links to the index and the maps: 

Index

Map

No comments:

Post a Comment